At Wordvice, our client’s successes are ours. Accordingly, our mission is to help researchers, scholars, students, writers and other professionals craft clear, compelling stories. Whether a research article, dissertation, thesis or admissions essay, we aim to preserve an author’s voice and underlying message while revising the more technical and organizational aspects of that author’s writing. Of course, we cannot do it without our stellar editors!
We currently operate in five countries and are actively expanding our team by recruiting qualified freelance editors from a variety of academic fields. Available work is assigned based on suitable background experience and availability. We have deadlines that range from nine hours to one week, depending on our clients’ requests. Although we have fixed due dates, our independent contract editors can work from any location with access to stable internet and Microsoft Word and are free to designate their own availability and the workload they can handle. Compensation is based on document word count and the turnaround time specified by clients.
Candidates for our freelance editor positions must meet the following requirements.
- Native fluency in English
- Be enrolled in or have completed a graduate degree program
- Minimum two years’ professional editing experience
- Knowledge of various style guides such as MLA, APA, Chicago Manual of Style
- Advanced Skills using MS Word and its track change features
- Strong technical writing skills
Our ideal candidate would meet the requirements above and also:
- be independent and self-motivated;
- have previously worked at a professional editing company;
- have an educational background or experience in medical fields, engineering or other biomedical and natural sciences;
- be able to meet deadlines; and
- be passionate about editing and writing.
If you meet the requirements above, we invite you to complete the application form at http://wordvice.com/career/editor/signup.
Contact Name: John Lee
Contact Company: Wordvice
Contact Website: http://wordvice.com
Contact Method: e-mail