The Cover Letter Editing Process
Submit Your Cover Letter
Submit your cover letter and provide us with some basic information, such as your field of work and the position you are applying for.
Let Our Editors Revise Your Letter
Our direct messaging system allows you to stay in contact with your editor, provide them with additional instructions, and ask questions during the editing process.
Receive Your Revised Letter
Your cover letter editor will polish your writing and make sure your cover letter emphasizes your personal value and sparks the HR manager’s interest.
Calculate Your Price
- Choose your editing service type.
- Enter your document’s word count.
To calculate the total word count in an MS Word document, select [Word Count] in the [Review] menu.
- To calculate the word count of a specific selection of the document, highlight the text and then click [Word Count].
- To calculate the total word count in an MS Word document, select [Word Count] in the [Review] menu.
Our Cover Letter Editors
About Our Cover Letter Editing Services
Cover Letter Proofreading
Cover letter proofreading includes:
- Revision for mistakes in spelling, punctuation, and mechanics
- Application of preferred English type (US/UK)
- Reduction of word count upon request (up to 10%)
We promise 100% accuracy—your letter will be free of objective errors!
Editing for Style & Readability
We enhance the readability, flow, and impact of your cover letter by:
- Improving vocabulary and correcting word choice issues
- Rewording and paraphrasing to ensure a professional tone
- Leaving constructive comments explaining changes
You want your cover letter to make a strong positive first impression to maximize your chances of getting an interview. Our cover letter editing services help you achieve this by making sure you take the opportunity to set yourself apart and make the hiring manager want to read the rest of your application.
Premium Editing Options
With Premium Editing, you get more than just in-text editing and comments. This service also includes:
- A Review Letter summarizing potential issues in your letter
- A checklist to ensure your letter is tailored to your goals
- Two weeks of unlimited editing (up to 20% of text revised)
Premium Editing can be applied to cover letters, resumes, reports, marketing materials, and any other important admissions documents.
Customers Approve of Our Cover Letter Editing Services
Client Reviews of Our Cover Letter Editing Services
"My Confidence is Increased" I am pretty confident about my skills and experience, but I was really worried if my cover letter would let me have a chance to convince my future boss in a face-to-face interview that I’m the perfect candidate for the job. I really didn’t want my application to just end up in the bin! But this service made quite a few positive improvements to the details and verbs in my letter. Thank you!
"Editing was excellent" Editing was excellent. I had a cover letter ready for the last couple of years but needed to update it and wasn’t sure if it sounded good. I sent it to the Wordvice editor and he made everything sound better and gave me some really helpful tips on how my cover letter will look to a potential employer. Thanks so much for the excellent job!
Cover Letter Editing Samples
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Cover Letter Editing Services
We offer the following turnaround times:
9 hours, 13 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours (2 days), 72 hours (3 days), 96 hours (4 days), 168 hours (7 days).
Once your cover letter has been fully edited, our Quality Assurance team reviews the edits before delivering your document. You can also communicate directly with your editor throughout the revision process.
See our editing service reviews for feedback from real clients.
- - Application Essays (Essay Editing)
- - Personal Statements (Personal Statement Editing)
- - SOPs (Statement of Purpose) (SOP Editing)
- - Recommendation Letters (Recommendation Letter Editing)
- - Cover Letters (Cover Letter Editing)
- - CVs / Resumes (CV/Resume Editing)