Even in the tumultuous year that has been 2020, for students applying to Harvard College, writing the school’s supplemental essay can be an important part of the application process–and considering the number of highly qualified applicants to this school, the Harvard Admissions Essay remains a daunting task. This video helps clear some things up by providing some helpful tips for how to approach this important essay, as well as suggesting what NOT to write about.
Who will find this information useful?
All students hoping to be admitted to Harvard College
This video will provide you with:
- Explanation of Harvard’s supplemental essay
- Suggestions about how to approach the essay holistically
- Examples of anecdotes to show detail and action
- Excerpts of Harvard’s mission statement
- Introduction to the supplemental essay
- Tips on how to approach the essay prompts
- Further writing guidance
- Anecdote examples
- Formal details about the supplemental essay
For more information and writing tips, please visit the Harvard’s admissions website, and please check out our Resources page for tips and guidance on many other essays.
Additional Wordvice resources for college admissions essays: