Graduate Admissions Webinar: Writing the Statement of Purpose and Recommendation Letter
Title: Improving Your Graduate School Admissions Essays: Statement of Purpose and Recommendation Letters
Instructor: Kevin J. Heintz (MA English), Senior Editor at Wordvice
Time: 5:00AM EST; 1:00PM Istanbul; 7:00PM Seoul/Tokyo)
YouTube Webinar Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GgvevOFM0
Wordvice Webinar Series presents a web lecture on writing essential essays for admissions to graduate school. Join writing coach and Wordvice Senior Editor Kevin J. Heintz on a guided tour of the essential graduate school essays: the Statement of Purpose and Letter of Recommendation. These two documents are required for admission to most graduate programs around the world, and the strength of writing, organization, and content in these essays can mean the difference between getting into the school of your choice and being rejected.
This interactive lecture will show you what to include in these documents, how to structure them, where to begin using brainstorming and pre-writing techniques, and how to edit and revise your first draft. The lecture will also include an analysis of a successful Statement of Purpose, a strong Letter of Recommendation, and a workshop on revising and editing your essays.
Send your Statement of Purpose draft to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word file, please) by 11/12/2018 and receive FREE Premium Admissions Editing if we feature your essay in the webinar.*
- Overview of important documents for admission to graduate programs
- The Statement of Purpose: Content, Structure, and Sample Analysis
- Personal Essay Brainstorming and Prewriting Techniques
- Tips for Writing a Strong Recommendation Letter
- SOP Essay Editing Workshop
- Q&A session
To register for this webinar and receive a 10% service discount and free PDF of the webinar materials, follow this link or click the button below.
Click HERE to be taken directly to the YouTube webinar viewing page.
Bookmark this page to keep the link handy!
For additional information on admissions essays and academic writing, visit the Wordvice Resources page.
* By submitting your SOP essay, you permit us to display and edit your essay for educational purposes during the course of this webinar and on the permanent YouTube video. Free essay order of 1,500 words or fewer.
Wordvice Admissions Resources