Fulbright is the most widely recognized and prestigious international exchange program in the world. Fulbright program actively seeks out individuals of achievement and potential who represent the full diversity of their respective societies and selects nominees through open, merit-based competitions.
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers more than 400 different opportunities to teach, research, and conduct professional projects in over 135 countries. Opportunities are available for higher education faculty and administrators as well as for professionals outside of academia, artists, journalists, scientists, and independent scholars.
The 2021-2022 Fulbright U.S. Scholar competition is now open.
Grant/Program Duration: 2 to 12 months
Deadline: September 15, 2020 (Tuesday)
- - You are a U.S. citizen. Permanent residence is not sufficient.
- - You will hold a terminal degree or have at least five years’ work experience by September 15, 2020.
- - You have NOT lived abroad for more than 5 consecutive years in the past 6 years.
- - If you had a prior Fulbright Scholar award, it ended before September 15, 2018.
- - You meet the degree requirements and candidate profile as stated in the award description.
- - You have the relevant discipline expertise as stated in the award description.
- - Your proposed dates match the award description specifications.
- - You meet the language proficiency requirement (if applicable).
- - Your preferred host institution is appropriate per the award description.
- - You have contacted an appropriate host institution to request a letter of invitation (if applicable).
- - You registered two recommenders in the online application
- A colleague or supervisor at your current place of employment
- A colleague within your discipline (inside or outside your place of employment) who knows your work well
- - You confirmed that your two recommenders submitted their letters of recommendation by September 15, 2020.
- - You tailored your CV/Resume to the award for which you are applying and stayed within the page limit.
- - You uploaded your Project Statement of up to 5 pages.
1. Letters of Recommendation
All applications require two letters of recommendation. Recommendations evaluate your professional work, including the abilities you bring to your project; your ability to adapt; the merits of the project; and your teaching effectiveness. You are encouraged to provide your recommenders with a copy of your project statement. All recommendations must be in English.
What’s new for 2021-2022? Only two letters of recommendation are required! With fewer letters of recommendation included in your application, it is crucial to choose your referees wisely. Make sure your referees are well-acquainted with you and your project and can write a strong letter that adds to the quality of your proposal.
2. “Professional Project” Award Options
Did you know that professionals are eligible to apply for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program? More than 38 awards offer a Professional Project opportunity designed for lawyers, social workers, artists, entrepreneurs, etc. who propose subjects that fall outside traditional academic research.
3. Fulbright Arctic Initiative: Round III
The Fulbright Arctic Initiative has returned for the 2021-2022 award competition! Selected scholars, professionals and applied researchers will each participate in an individual Fulbright exchange of up to three months, as well as convene with the other scholars for three in-person group seminars and on-going virtual communication to carry out team-based research focused on security and sustainability in the Arctic. The deadline for this award is September 15, 2020 for U.S. applicants.
4. The Fulbright Public Policy Fellowship
The Fulbright Public Policy Fellowship offers early- and mid-career professionals a unique opportunity to cultivate public policy experience in Peru, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, or Ukraine. Fellows work as technical specialists in government ministries while also pursuing independent research.
For more information, please visit the Fulbright Scholar Program homepage.
Why should applicants use Wordvice?
Fulbright Scholar Program is very competitive. Only applicants with a strong scholarship application essay will be able to receive the Fulbright scholarship. Also, Letters of Recommendation are especially important this year. There are only two Letters of Recommendation!
Wordvice has editing services that will enhance your writing and make your story more compelling to your target readers. All of our admissions editors are native English speakers with many years’ experience advising prospective students and scholars.
We not only carefully proofread your essay for grammar, spelling, and punctuation, but also revise for clarity, natural terms and expressions, and tone to improve your paper’s impact. Our editors provide substantive comments about language, development, and essay content to help you improve your writing in future work.
Wordvice provides timely, high-quality English proofreading and editing services when you need them. With around-the-clock support and guaranteed deadlines of as little as 9 hours, we are an affordable one-stop shop for all your admissions document needs. We strive to help make your academic and professional dreams a reality.
Our Admissions Essay Editing Services include…
- Full proofreading (grammar, spelling, punctuation, and mechanics)
- Correct terminology and language use
- Concise writing (word count reduction)
- Readability and flow of language
- Clarity and word choice
- Style and natural English expressions
- Constructive comments about writing
- Attention to specific instructions provided by authors
- 100% accuracy in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and mechanics
- Compelling admissions essays that are ready for submission
- Qualified admissions experts with extensive essay-editing experience
- Delivery as fast as 9 hours
- 24/7 customer support
Premium Admissions Editing Service
How is Wordvice’s Premium Admissions Editing Service different from Admissions Essay Editing Service?
Extensive Revisions and Marginal Comments
Our Premium Admissions Editing Service provides essay proofreading and revision included in our standard service, along with editing for word choice, style, tone, clarity, and flow. Your editor will give detailed feedback about content and organization and ensure that your essay addresses the question, instructions, or prompt provided for your specific admissions document. More detailed revision means deeper improvement of your paper and a more decisive edge over applicants with similar academic backgrounds.
The Review Letter Provides Two Forms of Feedback
The Overall Comment summarizes the essay’s strengths and suggests improvements.
The Overall Comment (or “Letter from the Editor”) provides a succinct but compact evaluation by the editor in charge of your first revision and gives you general feedback about your essay and any major issues noted by the editor. Your editor will note the strengths of your work and explain concrete ways in which you can improve it further.
The Admissions Essay Checklist analyzes central writing components of the essay in detail.
Whereas the Overall Comment gives you an idea of where your essay’s strengths and weaknesses lie, the Essay Checklist gives a point-by-point breakdown of four major writing categories in an essay (Content, Organization, Transitions, and Description), assesses how your essay meets or fails to meet the standards for each category, and provides detailed suggestions for how to improve your writing in each of these categories.
Unlimited re-submissions and revisions within 14 days
After the first revision, authors often need to make further changes before submitting their essays. Receiving multiple revisions and making appropriate changes is a great way to dramatically improve the overall impact of your writing. We thus urge authors to make use of our unlimited revision services. If no more than 20% of the original content has been altered, authors can receive revisions for up to14 days. (Please bear in mind that each re-submission will require an additional 48 hours to deliver.)
Communicate with your editor via our direct messaging system
Sending instructions and questions about your document to your project manager and waiting for an answer can take up valuable time during the drafting process. Therefore, our Premium Admissions Editing Service provides 14-day direct messaging with your editor so that you can more easily communicate any questions or instructions you may have. Our goal is to make it easier to improve the effectiveness and clarity of your work using this direct communication channel.
Click here to check out Wordvice’s Premium Admissions Editing Service in detail.
Do you want to receive superior admissions proofreading and editing from qualified editors at affordable prices?
Check out Wordvice’s Admissions Editing Service Rates!
Wordvice Admissions Resources
Best Admissions Essay Editing Service article by Wired.com
Recommendation Letter Templates and Examples